Amazon Prime Day is the annual shopping holiday that’s exclusive to Prime subscribers.
This year, Prime Day launches June 21-22, 2021 for the US, and unlike rapid-fire deals of Black Friday or Cyber Monday, deals last up to 36 hours.
On the west coast, it will start at midnight on Monday, June 21 (2 am Central, 3 am Eastern), and run through to 11.59 pm on Tuesday night.
You may not find everything on your wish list during the Prime Day discounts, but it’s a great opportunity to stock up on gifts during the summer months.
Also, watch out for other retailers dropping prices during Prime Day to compete with Amazon.
If you’re attracted by the goodies being offered during the Prime Day purchases, but you haven’t signed up for Amazon Prime, don’t worry — Amazon makes it very simple.
Amazon Prime Day is, of course, a once-a-year event. Amazon has come up with a bunch of features to entice people to sign up for its Prime service.
These include access to Prime Video, the streaming video service; free two-day shipping on purchases (with same-day delivery for some items); Prime Music audio streaming (not to be confused with the more extensive Amazon Music Unlimited, which is a supplementary $7.99 / month); online photo and video storage; Prime Reading, which gives access to a library of comics, books, and magazines; and you get a 30-day free trial.
Signing Up For Amazon Prime
Here’s how to sign up:
- Go to Amazon.com click on “Try Prime”
- Choose which plan you want. The basic plan lets you sign up for the service at $12.99 / month or $119 / year, which comes out to a little under $10 / month. You can also sign up here for Prime Video alone at $8.99 / month, but you won’t get to take part in Prime Day.
- If you don’t already have an Amazon account, you’ll need to make one, so click on “Create your Amazon account” and set one up with your name, email, and password.
- On the next page, Amazon will verify your account by sending what it calls an OTP (One Time Password) to your email. Go to your email, copy the OTP, paste it into the Amazon page, and click on “Verify.”
- You’ll then be asked to enter your credit or debit card information
- And you’re done!
Early Amazon Prime Day 2021 deals
You don’t need to wait until June 21 to get deals. Amazon just launched a series of early Prime Day deals and we’ve collected them all here.
- Audible Premium Plus: Prime subscribers can get Audible Premium Plus for $6.95 a month for four months. Those who take advantage of this deal will also get an audiobook of their choice each month – including best sellers and new releases. After four months, Audible Premium Plus is $14.95 a month.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members who haven’t tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months free. Amazon Music Unlimited grants members access to more than 70 million songs ad-free and millions of podcast episodes.
- Wondery+: Prime members can get four months of ad-free listening on Wondery+ for free. For those unfamiliar, Wondery+ is Amazon’s ‘immersive podcast listening experience’ with originals like “Dr. Death,” “Even the Rich,” and “Business Wars.”
Just like Amazon Prime Day 2020, Amazon is also offering several choices for shoppers to save credits in advance of Amazon Prime Day 2021.
- Get a $10 credit to use on Amazon Prime Day when you spend $10 on items sold by small businesses starting June 7 through June 20.
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card or Amazon Prime Store Card cardholders (with an eligible Prime membership) can also earn 10% cashback on small business purchases during the duration of the ‘Spend $10, get $10’ promotion.
- Get an additional $10 credit with the purchase of a $40 Amazon Gift Card. Make sure to use the promo code GIFTFORPD21 to receive the promotional credit within two days of purchase.
We may still be a few weeks out, but the deals are already coming thick and fast for Prime members. Here are our picks of the best early deals released so far.
- Save $70 (30%) on the Toshiba 32LF221U21 32-inch 720p Fire TV Edition
- Save $100 (31%) on the Insignia NS-43DF710NA21 43-inch 4K UHD Fire TV Edition
- Save $52 (21%) on the Apple Airpods Pro
- Save $40 (25%) on the Apple AirPods with Charging Case
- Save $19 (25%) on the Amazon Basics Hardside Carry-On Spinner Suitcase Luggage – Expandable with Wheels – 21 Inch
- Save $30 (15%) on the Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker
- Save $20 (17%) on the Fire TV Cube | Hands-free streaming device with Alexa | 4K Ultra HD
- Save $20 (17%) on the COSORI Air Fryer
- Save $10 (8%) on the Outdoor Indoor Projector Screen with Stand Foldable Portable Movie Screen
- Save $40 (33%) on the Mini Projector 55000 Hours Multimedia Home Theater Movie Projector
- Save $7 (5%) Michael Kors Jet Set Travel Large Messenger Bag
- Save $34 (20%) on PetSafe feeders
- Up to 30% off Le Creuset cast iron and stoneware products
- Save $16 (32%) on the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler
- Save $11 (38%) on the Bodum Pour-Over Coffee Maker with Permanent Filter
- Save $19 (38%) on the TOMS Women’s Alpargata Loafer
- Save $10 on the hum by Colgate Smart Electric Toothbrush Kit
- Save $15 (50%) on the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- Save $9 (15%) on the Women’s Reebok Classic Renaissance Sneaker
If we look back on Prime day deals for last year, Amazon devices should some of the biggest discounts during Amazon Prime Day 2020.
Smart home device deals like the Ring Video Doorbell Pro (32% off) were one of the best performing deals of the sale.
Related Article: 15+ Best Movie T-Shirts You Must Have From 15 Movies You Love
And, of course, you could always sign up for a Prime membership, take advantage of the free 30-day trial, and then cancel it after the Prime Day purchases are over.
But you could regret that decision next year when Prime Day comes around again.
If you ever decide to make a purchase from Amazon, for ANYTHING, even diapers..you can help me without spending a penny to do so. If you use my links to make your purchase (when you click a link here and it takes you to Amazon, that is using my links as once there you can buy anything and I will get a teeny small credit) you will in turn be helping this site to keep on going and keep on growing.
So all I ask is that if you find the free info on this website useful AND you ever need to purchase at Amazon, just use the link below. You can even bookmark the Amazon link and use it anytime you buy something. It costs you nothing extra but will provide me and this site with a dollar or two to keep on trucking along.
You would be amazed at what it costs me just to maintain this website, in money and time (250 hours a month, and about $3000 per month).