Packing For International Travel – When it comes to international travel, it doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned globetrotter or a first-time traveler, having a detailed international travel packing list can make all the difference in preparing for your trip. I hate saying this word, as I hear it all the time at sales confreneces, but its time to go back to… Disclosure: Support Peek At This by using the links in our articles to shop. We receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) so we can continue to create helpful free content. Thank you, we appreciate it!
PACKING FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL – TIPS & TRICKSSmart packing for international travel starts with a bag that will be the perfect fit for you. After that what toiletries and first aid items you will need, the tech gadgets for any travel and a wardrobe guide to ensure you are prepared for the elements. This packing guide for international travel will eliminate the mammoth task of packing. Regardless of if you are packing for international travel or just a 48-hour weekend getaway, the essentials listed below will ensure you are prepared for any journey.
PACKING FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: CHOOSING THE RIGHT TYPE OF BAGPacking For International Travel – If you are leaving in a month, or tomorrow, packing a suitcase for international travel requires versatile luggage that is sturdy, lightweight, and big enough to hold your essentials. With the enormous amount of options available for all luggage today in the market, deciding the right bag for you can be tough. What luggage will work for you when packing for international travel?
Here is my top luggage recommendations for any type of travel:
Samsonite Ripstop Wheeled DuffelClick here for pricing Rolling Luggage – When it comes to international travel expect long journeys, terminal switches, and late night arrivals, and the rolling luggage can be a saviour.
Samsonite Liftwo Hardside Spinner 21Click here for pricing 4-Wheeled Check-in – If you are thinking about checking in a suitcase, your bag can get heavy without you even knowing it.
Shacke Duffel XL – Large Travel Duffel BagClick here for pricing Duffel Bag – Reliable, Lightweight and Durable. It will look like you are going to the gym without stepping on any cardio equipment.
High Sierra Unisex Powerglide Wheeled Laptop BackpackClick here for pricing Wheeled Backpack – If you’ll be going through unique types of terrain, or switching from airports to cobblestones, having a bag with the option to roll it or carry it like a knapsack / duffel is really handy.
MOUNTAINTOP 50L/60L Hiking Backpack with Rain CoverClick here for pricing Travel Backpack – You know you’re a traveler once you have bought a backpack for international travel. I have always been a carry-on wheelie person, but now my travel backpack is with me where ever I go.
Osprey Packs Porter 46 Travel BackpackClick here for pricing Carry-On – This one requires incredible discipline and prevents the risk of over-packing.
International Travel Guide To Packing: CHOOSING THE RIGHT TECHPacking For International Travel – Packing Tech Gadgets for international travel will be dependent on how long your trip is and the destinations you are visiting. But when you are traveling you want to capture those memories you create. So why not use the top gadgets for international travel that we have at our fingertips.
Here is my top recommendations for any type of travel:
Apple iPhone 8, GSM Unlocked, 64GB – Space GrayClick here for pricing Smart Phone – Unfortunately, smartphone’s are here to stay, and now we use them for everything. They are perfect for keeping up with your friends and relatives back home via social media, using maps to navigate around your destination, and taking quick photos.
Canon PowerShot SX720 HS (Black)Click here for pricing Camera + Spare Memory Card The Perfect camera is entirely subjective and will depend on your technical skill level. If you’re after a cheap point and shoot you can’t go wrong with a Canon Powershot. I would suggest having two 128 gb cards with you in case you want to document your travels with pictures and video.
GoPro HERO 7 BlackClick here for pricing Action Camera – And don’t forget a trusty GoPro for all those action sports and scuba diving you’ll be doing!
Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Noise-CancellingClick here for pricing Noise Cancelling Headphones – Noise Cancelling Headphones are the best gadgets for international travel when you require rocking out to your feel-good tracks and don’t want to annoy any of your fellow passengers.
Apple MacBook Air (13-inch Retina display, 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5Click here for pricing Laptop – This really isn’t a must-have gadget for a traveler on short trips. However, you are planning to be away for more than a month; a laptop is great for watching movies or some needed internet surfing.
Worldwide All in One Universal Power AdapterClick here for pricing Adapter Plug – Different countries use different power voltage. Grab a Multi-Adapter and make sure you’ve got all bases covered. There’s nothing worse than having a tech gadget you can’t charge!
Anker PowerCore II 20000, 20100mAh Portable ChargerClick here for pricing Power Bank – Power banks are the best gadgets for international travel, as you can keep your electronics charged while you are out and about.
BAGSMART Electronic Organizer Travel Universal Cable OrganizerClick here for pricing Cable Organizer – Traveling with your tech gadgets comes lots of cables. With the number of cables we have on a given trip is exhausting in terms of organization. Keep them organized with inexpensive cable organizers.
Guide To Packing: TRAVEL COMFORTPacking For International Travel – If you’re going to be on the road – awfully for an extended period of time – you’re going to require to be comfortable on those long travel days. The following travel accessories will keep you comfortable in each potential mode of transport and will help you grab the nap you’ve been craving.
These items are things you always forget to pack for a trip.
Trtl Pillow – Scientifically Proven Super Soft Neck Support Travel PillowClick here for pricing Travel Pillow – If you haven’t heard of the TRTL Travel Pillow, you are firmly missing out. Soft and strong it is scientifically proven to provide incredible neck support and possibly be the greatest thing to ever happen to naps!
Sleep Mask, 3D Contoured Sleep Eye MaskClick here for pricing Eye Mask & Ear Plugs – Slap on your eye mask. Put in your earplugs. Block out the light, block out the sound and drift of to sleep.
Kemier Collapsible Silicone Water Bottles-750MLClick here for pricing Foldable Water Bottle – A foldable water bottle is perfect for filling up from the water fountains after airport security, or folding down and packing into your bag after you’ve fulfilled a hike.
Burt’s Bees Tips and Toes Kit Gift SetClick here for pricing Travel Moisturizer & Lip Balm – Sometimes your body simply needs a little help when traveling through different climates, altitudes and time zones! Related Article – How To Survive Long-Haul Flights
How To Organize Your StuffPacking for international travel tips – When it comes to what to pack for vacation, it really depends on what you have planned for your vacation. The problem that many of us face when it comes to packing, is being able to fit everything you need into one suitcase. The challenge that we face when it comes to packing, especially an international trip, is what type of clothing options are you wanting to bring with you. If you are concerned about packing I suggest using packing organizers like packing cubes. (Click the link for the best packing cubes for international travel). With packing cubes, you are able to maintain organization with your suitcase by separating articles of clothing by type, so they can fit easily into your luggage. By doing this, you are able to create more room in your bag if you choose to do so. Packing cubes are great for when you arrive at your destination, and you can unpack easily into hotel drawers. If you require more clothing for your next vacation and packing cubes might not help, I suggest compression bags which can allow you to fit more into your suitcase.
Vacation packing listPacking list for international travel – Packing travel outfits for any trip can be a nightmare. From trying to find pieces that match and can be worn with multiple outfits, to limiting jackets and accessories to save space, and finding a procedure to organize everything so it is easily accessible. This list below is just a suggestion and may give you ideas on what you should or shouldn’t pack on your next journey.
- Lightweight clothing that should be layered
- 1x Longsleeved shirt(s)
- 1x Sweaters or fleece jacket
- 4x T-shirts and tank tops take a couple that has sleeves to be respectful of the culture you are visitingg)
- 2x Travel Pants and/or shorts
- 1 x pair of jeans (good for travel days/airports and planes)
- 1x Rain jacket, windbreaker and/or a mini umbrella
- 1x Pajamas/sleepwear
- 1x Belt
- Underwear, Bras & Socks – wool socks are greatest for hiking, pop socks for day to day wear.
- 3x Pairs of Travel Shoes: 1x Comfortable walking shoes/athletic shoes, 1x flip flops (for shared shower facilities) and 1x pair of dress/going out shoes.
- Sunglasses and glasses case
- Hat or sun visor
- 2 swimsuits
Additional Suggestions For Women
- 2x Dresses and/or skirts
- 1x Sports Bra
- 1x Yoga Pants & Sports Top
- 1x Pajamas/sleepwear
- Jewelry – pack your favorite pieces in this Travel Jewellery Organizer
- 2x Scarf or bandana – can be worn in the hair/over the head/as a wrap and as a scarf
- 2-3 Swimsuit/Bikini
- 1x Packable Fedora Hat
The Guide To Packing: YOUR TRAVEL TOILETRIES KIT BAGThis is a toiletries shopping list for international travel and is the same for each and every vacation you take!
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Toothbrush Cover & Floss
- Sunscreen & Aftersun
- Shampoo & Conditioner (if you’re not likely to be staying in fancy hotels where this is provided)
- Wet Wipes/Make Up Remover Wipes/Face wash
- Tweezers + Mini Mirror
- Travel Towel
- Hair ties
TRAVEL HEALTH/MEDICATION BAG
- Any prescription medications – with any important information from the box or bottle noted down in a journal or cellphone.
- Travel First Aid Kit – A travel first aid kit will usually contain band-aids, antiseptic wipes, bandages, gauze, tiny scissors and tape/pins. An invaluable addition to a travel packing list.
- Imodium ( for any tummy upsets from new foods)
- Pain Relief(for muscle & fever relief)
- Anti-inflammatory Medication (for when your muscles hurt after that hike or had days trekking)
- Bug Spray
- Cold and Flu Tablets/Lozenges
- Antihistamines/Allergy medication
- Motion sickness Tablets
- Sleeping Pills (if required)
- Antibacterial Ointment
- Region-specific medication
The Guide To Packing: ORGANIZING YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTSPacking For International Travel – You’re not going to get far without these essential travel documents:
- Passport/visa(s) – Not sure if you need a travel visa? Click Here
- Cash and credit card(s) – call your credit card companies before you travel to inform them of your travel and try to carry 1 debit card and 2 credit cards in separate bags/pockets/travel wallet in case one gets stolen/damaged.
- Frequent flyer card(s) – Having the numbers handy is invaluable. I use Apple Wallet to store all of my frequent flyer numbers, so much easier to pull up when needed.
- Travel insurance information – In an event of an emergency, this is a life line.
- Reservations, itineraries or pre-printed boarding pass – try and keep an electronic copy of all documents too.
- Hotel and/or tour get in touch with information
- Transportation tickets (plane, train, bus, car, etc.)
- Emergency contacts and important addresses