The New Echelon EX-7s Connect Exercise Bike – Boost Your At-Home Fitness Today!
Are you looking for a home fitness studio bike that provides virtual gym-quality cardio and endurance training? The Echelon EX-7S is the bike for you.
Since its inception, stationary bikes for a home gym have come a long way. Studio cycles from manufacturers like Echelon, Bowflex, Nordictrack, and Peloton have supplanted at-home stationary bikes. Why? Because these cutting-edge studio cycles allow anyone to have a gym-like experience without the hassle of commuting.
Because of the large marketing campaigns, Peloton has invested in over the last few years, it has become the brand of choice for at-home studio cycles. However, all of that investment comes at a cost, which is passed on to the client.
Echelon studio bikes come into play in this situation. The Echelon Connect Sports Bike is available in several different variations, ranging from the EX-1 to the EX-7S.
This makes it possible for everyone from the beginning fitness enthusiast on a budget to the hardcore fitness addict who wants all the bells and whistles in a home gym cardio equipment to do so. The Echelon Connect EX-7s are here to help.
The goal of the Echelon Connect EX-7s is to help fitness enthusiasts take their indoor cycling training to the next level. The higher-end Echelon connect bikes, such as the Echelon Connect EX-5s and the new Echelon Connect EX-7s, are designed for people seeking the most powerful indoor bikes on the market today.
The Echelon Connect EX-7s is the right choice for you if you’re looking for a peloton option for your home gym that is an ultra-durable, gym-quality indoor cycling machine for cardio and endurance training.
Echelon EX-7S Intro
The new Echelon Connect EX-7s at-home studio cycle from Echelon delivers a slew of features that put it in direct competition with Peloton as the best at-home studio cycle on the market.
Echelon took the best elements of the previous smart connect EX-3 and EX-5 versions and amplified them. The Echelon Connect EX-7s also sync’s with Strava, Apple Health, ZSwift, and Fitbit to track your effort across numerous workouts.
The Echelon Connect EX-7s is now the studio cycle to beat, with a high build quality, a fully adjustable seat for a perfect fit, and an astonishing 21.5-inch spinning screen that aids improve on and off-the-bike workouts like yoga and boxing.
Related Article: Best Smart Rowing Machine – Hydrow Vs Ergatta Vs Echelon Rower 2021
Echelon EX-7S Specs
- Weight: 124 lbs (56kg)
- Max user weight: 325lbs (147kg)
- User height range: 4′ 5″ to 6′ 8″ (134 cm to 203 cm)
- Size: 54 x 20-inch (127 cm × 51 cm) footprint
- Trial period: 30-days
- Display: 21.5-inch HD touchscreen with 180-degree rotation
- Power: 110V or 240V power ports front and rear
- Drive system: Kevlar PolyV power drive belt
- Resistance levels: 32
- Handlebars: Multi-adjustable aero bars
- Seat: Gel comfort, competition-style
- Connectivity: WiFi or Ethernet port at the base
- Pedals: Dual-sided SPD compatible; Toe cage pedals
- Safety break: Simple brake lever
- Mounted bottle holder: Coated metal
PROS Echelon Connect EX-7S
- High-quality Live Streaming Classes: With the Echelon Fit App membership opens the whole Echelon community of live streaming workout sessions, as well as a whole host of pre-programmed routines.
- Large Touchscreen Monitor: Enjoy the live streaming workouts with the impressive 21.5″ HD touchscreen that pivots 180 degrees for off-the-bike workouts like yoga and boxing.
- Immersive workout: Outfitted with user-facing dual speakers, the studio bike has Bluetooth audio connection and a standard 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Long-lasting Design: Echelon invested money in the design of this cardio machine and it shows. The frame is extremely well built for quality, strength, and durability.
- Dependable Feedback: The EX-7S keeps the user up to date with Live Leaderboard and Watts, plus other data like RPM, MPH, Calories, Distance, Time, Heart Rate, and Resistance Level.
- Dumbbell Accorssory Holders: Adding a couple of dumbbells that can be stored on the bike’s accessory holder allows for easy access during cross-training sessions.
- Adaptable Pedals: The ability to use SPD clip shoes for performance cycling and a toe cage for regular running shoes allows any type of cyclists to ride they want to.
- Great Ergonomics: With its standard range of adjustability, the EX-7S has a quad seat with various options.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The EX-7 offers Bluetooth Telemetry.
- Solid Weight Limit: With a maximum user weight of 325 lbs. the EX-7 can handle nearly any user.
- Monthly Payment Options: Financing payments begin as low as $52 per month.
CONS Echelon Connect EX-7S
- High-Speed Internet Connection Needed: With any connected device in your home, this smart stationary bike needs to be connected to a stable wifi connection to get the best out of the workout programs.
- Power Requirements: The cardio studio bike needs 110V or 240V by way of two ports in the front and rear frame.
- Limited Warranty: The bike comes with a limited 12-month parts and labor warranty, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Price: Starting at around 2000 dollars, this smart bike is a little pricier than some competitors.
Echelon Connect Bike EX-7s: Design and features
The Echelon Connect Bike EX-7s is primarily designed for people seeking variation in their home cycling workouts, as well as those seeking a pleasant and long-lasting studio spin bike. The competition-style gel seat on the Echelon EX-7s may be changed for a more comfortable, bespoke fit, and can provide a near-perfect fit for your height and weight. The SPD compatible pedals with adjustable toe cages, as well as the ergonomic handlebars, are fully adjustable.
The Connect Bike EX-7s also comes with a 21.5-inch HD touchscreen that can be rotated 180 degrees for off-bike workouts like yoga, boxing, and core strength training.
The Echelon Fit app, which is the brand’s online training program and allows access to a large range of live and on-demand workouts, is what sets the Echelon studio bikes apart from the competitors. Certified indoor cycling instructors lead courses that range anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes and include exciting spin classes and cycling endurance training.
Up-to-date prerecorded rides across various landscapes and notable cycling routes are also included in the Echelon fit membership, allowing you to cycle around the world from the comfort of your own home gym.
The Echelon Fit app’s main drawback is that it’s an extra cost on top of the Connect Bike EX-7s’ purchase price.
However, the Echelon Fit’s monthly subscription cost gives users access to all of the machine’s content, as well as Core strength training, Yoga, Boxing, Meditation, upper and lower body, flexibility workouts, and more.
If you’re concerned about the price, consider how much a monthly gym membership costs, as well as how much commuting time you may save by investing in the Echelon EX-7S and the Echelon Fit app.
Is it possible to ride an Echelon bike without a subscription? Unlike other bikes, you can buy the bike without committing to a one-year online class membership. Keep in mind, The bike needs to be connected to the EchelonFit app and Bluetooth for the resistance to register.
Can The Echelon Connect Bike EX-7s Improve Your Fitness?
The adaptability of the Echelon EX-7S is fantastic since it allows anyone wanting to put in the time and effort to build a healthier body to do so. The EX-7s provide a high-intensity, low-impact workout that burns calories while improving your heart and lungs.
The spin bike’s pedaling motion is excellent for the lower body, strengthening and toning the calves, hamstrings, and quadriceps while also exercising the core and glutes.
The Echelon Connect Bike EX-7s features a variety of high-intensity interval training choices that allow you to alternate between short bursts of hard exercise and longer intervals of less intense activity to keep your heart rate up.
The built-in sensors in the handlebars will let you keep track of your heart rate while training, as well as your metrics, presented on the 21.5-inch LCD.
If you enjoy a little friendly competition, the leaderboard will show you where you stand in live-streamed classes, which can help push you to work out more.
Plus, once you’ve completed a spin exercise, you can freshen up your training regimen with the wonderful yoga and pilates sessions available to help you strengthen and tone your body.
If you want to work on your mental fitness, the Echelon Fit App has a number of meditation programs to select from, allowing you to enhance both your physical and mental fitness on a daily basis.
Is Echelon as good as Peloton?
Echelon is a direct rival to Peloton, and it’s Connect EX series of bikes starts at roughly $850 and goes up from there depending on the EX model.
Are Echelon Smart Studio Bikes Good?
It all comes down to your personal fitness goals and money. When these important qualities are considered, Echelon emerges as the clear victor in terms of total value and adaptability. The bikes are appropriate for each type of biker, regardless of their budget or fitness equipment, or technology.
Are the Echelon EX bikes quiet?
The Echelon EX models feature magnetic resistance, which helps make your ride as smooth as can be and almost entirely silent.
The Echelon Connect Bike EX-7 should be on your radar when looking for a Peloton alternative for your home gym if you’re seeking a robust cardio machine with programming versatility. It’s a little more expensive than the competition, but with a few additional bells and whistles, it’s a good pick for exercise buffs.
Browse the best home gym equipment deals available at your favorite retailers:
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Bowflex
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Gaiam
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Onnit
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Overstock.com
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Target
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Walmart
If you are worried about your health before starting a new workout, consult your doctor beforehand.