Echelon EX-7S – Are you in the market for a home exercise studio bike that offers virtual gym-quality training for cardio and endurance training?
Why? Because these state-of-the-art studio cycles allow anyone to have the gym-like experience in the comfort of their own home without the horrible commute.
Peloton has been the brand of choice for at-home studio cycles because of the massive marketing campaigns the company has invested in for the past few years. But with all that investment, it comes at a price, and that price is passed on to the customer.
This allows everyone from the entry-level fitness enthusiast on a budget, to the hardcore fitness addict who wants all the bells and whistles in a home gym cardio machine. Enter the Echelon Connect EX-7s.
The Echelon Connect EX-7s’ purpose is it’s built for fitness enthusiasts that want to take their indoor cycling training to the next level.
That’s why if you are looking for a peloton alternative for your home gym that is an ultra-durable, gym-quality indoor cycling machine for cardio and endurance training, the Echelon Connect EX-7s is the perfect fit for you.
Echelon EX-7S Intro
Echelon’s latest at-home studio cycle release of the new Echelon Connect EX-7s offers a huge number of features that now compete with Peloton as the best at-home studio cycle in the business.
Echelon combined the impressive features of the previous smart connect EX-3 and EX-5 models and cranked it up a notch. Plus, the Echelon Connect EX-7s tracks your effort throughout multiple workouts, and syncs with Strava, Apple Health, ZSwift, and Fitbit.
With a high build quality, a fully adjustable seat for a superb fit, and an impressive 21.5-inch rotating screen that helps improve the on and off-the-bike workouts like yoga and boxing, the Echelon Connect EX-7s is now the studio cycle to beat.
Related Article: Best Smart Rowing Machine – Hydrow Vs Ergatta Vs Echelon Rower 2021
Echelon EX-7S Specs
- Weight: 124 lbs (56kg)
- Max user weight: 325lbs (147kg)
- User height range: 4′ 5″ to 6′ 8″ (134 cm to 203 cm)
- Size: 54 x 20-inch (127 cm × 51 cm) footprint
- Trial period: 30-days
- Display: 21.5-inch HD touchscreen with 180-degree rotation
- Power: 110V or 240V power ports front and rear
- Drive system: Kevlar PolyV power drive belt
- Resistance levels: 32
- Handlebars: Multi-adjustable aero bars
- Seat: Gel comfort, competition-style
- Connectivity: WiFi or Ethernet port at the base
- Pedals: Dual-sided SPD compatible; Toe cage pedals
- Safety break: Simple brake lever
- Mounted bottle holder: Coated metal
PROS Echelon Connect EX-7S
- High-quality Live Streaming Classes: With the Echelon Fit App membership opens the whole Echelon community of live streaming workout sessions, as well as a whole host of pre-programmed routines.
- Large Touchscreen Monitor: Enjoy the live streaming workouts with the impressive 21.5″ HD touchscreen that pivots 180 degrees for off-the-bike workouts like yoga and boxing.
- Immersive workout: Outfitted with user-facing dual speakers, the studio bike has Bluetooth audio connection and a standard 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Long-lasting Design: Echelon invested money in the design of this cardio machine and it shows. The frame is extremely well built for quality, strength, and durability.
- Dependable Feedback: The EX-7S keeps the user up to date with Live Leaderboard and Watts, plus other data like RPM, MPH, Calories, Distance, Time, Heart Rate, and Resistance Level.
- Dumbbell Accorssory Holders: Adding a couple of dumbbells that can be stored on the bike’s accessory holder allows for easy access during cross-training sessions.
- Adaptable Pedals: The ability to use SPD clip shoes for performance cycling and a toe cage for regular running shoes allows any type of cyclists to ride they want to.
- Great Ergonomics: With its standard range of adjustability, the EX-7S has a quad seat with various options.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The EX-7 offers Bluetooth Telemetry.
- Solid Weight Limit: With a maximum user weight of 325 lbs. the EX-7 can handle nearly any user.
- Monthly Payment Options: Financing payments begin as low as $52 per month.
CONS Echelon Connect EX-7S
- High-Speed Internet Connection Needed: With any connected device in your home, this smart stationary bike needs to be connected to a stable wifi connection to get the best out of the workout programs.
- Power Requirements: The cardio studio bike needs 110V or 240V by way of two ports in the front and rear frame.
- Limited Warranty: The bike comes with a limited 12-month parts and labor warranty, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Price: Starting at around 2000 dollars, this smart bike is a little pricier than some competitors.
Echelon Connect Bike EX-7s: Design and features
The Echelon Connect Bike EX-7s is essentially meant for those who are looking for a variety in their home cycling workouts, and for those who want a gym-quality studio spin bike that’s comfortable and built to last.
The Echelon EX-7s competition-style gel seat can be adjusted to provide a more comfortable, custom feel, and can give you a near-perfect fit for your height and weight. The ergonomic handlebars are completely adjustable as well as the SPD compatible pedals with adjustable toe cages.
The Connect Bike EX-7s also includes an impressive 21.5-inch HD touchscreen that can be rotated a full 180-degrees for off-bike workout classes, such as yoga, boxing, and core strength training.
What makes the Echelon studio bikes stand out from the competition is the Echelon Fit app which is the brand’s online fitness program that provides access to a huge selection of live and on-demand workouts to pick from.
Classes that can last anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes including energizing spin classes and cycling endurance workouts are led by certified indoor cycling instructors.
Also included in the Echelon fit membership is up-to-date prerecorded rides through various landscapes and famous cycling routes, so you can cycle across the globe in the comforts of your home gym.
The only disadvantage to the Echelon Fit app is that it’s an additional expense on top of the price of the Connect Bike EX-7s.
But, the monthly membership fee of the Echelon fit offers the user access to all of the machine content, plus Core strength training, Yoga, Boxing, Meditation, Upper and Lower body, flexibility workouts, and more.
But if you are worried about the cost, think about how much a monthly gym membership costs as well as commute time that could be saved by investing in the Echelon EX-7S and the Echelon Fit app, then it’s a great investment.
Does Echelon bike work without subscription?
Unlike other bikes, you can purchase the bike without committing to a one year subscription to the online classes. However, your ride statistics and other information will not be stored. … The bike needs to be connected to the Echelon Fit app and Bluetooth for the resistance to register.
Can The Echelon Connect Bike EX-7s Improve Your Fitness?
The great thing about the versatility of the Echelon EX-7S is that it allows anyone willing to put the time and effort into a workout to build a healthier body.
The EX-7s offers a heart-pounding low-impact workout that helps burn calories while strengthening your heart and lungs.
The pedaling motion of the spin bike is fantastic for the lower body to help to strengthen and tone calves, hamstrings, and quadriceps, while also working the muscles in your core and glutes.
The Echelon Connect Bike EX-7s offers a ton of great high-intensity interval training options that let you alternate between short bursts of intense exercise mixed with longer intervals of less intense activity to keep the heart rate up.
And to monitor your heart rate while exercising, the built-in sensors in the handlebars will help you can keep an eye on your heart rate, along with your stats that are displayed on the 21.5-inch monitor.
If you like competition, the leaderboard will show you where you are in live-streaming classes that can help motivate you to exercise harder.
Plus, the at-home workouts don’t stop there, if you are done with a spin workout, you can switch up your workout routine, with the fantastic yoga and pilates classes to help you strengthen and tone your body.
If you are looking to workout out your mental fitness, the Echelon Fit App offers a variety of meditation classes to choose from, so you can improve your physical and mental fitness daily.
Is Echelon as good as Peloton?
Are Echelon Smart Studio Bikes Good?
It really boils down to your own workout needs and budget. Weighing up these key features, Echelon can be crowned the winner in terms of overall value and versatility. The bikes are suitable for any type of cyclist, on any budget, with whatever fitness gear or tech they already own.
Are the Echelon EX bikes quiet?
The Echelon EX models feature magnetic resistance, which helps make your ride as smooth as can be and almost entirely silent.
If you are looking for a solid cardio machine with programming flexibility, the Echelon Connect Bike EX-7 should be on your radar when looking for a Peloton alternative for your home gym. It may be a little pricier compared to the competition, but with a few more bells and whistles, it makes for a solid choice for fitness enthusiasts.
Browse the best home gym equipment deals available at your favorite retailers:
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Bowflex
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Gaiam
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Onnit
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Overstock.com
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Target
- Shop all home gym equipment deals at Walmart
If you are worried about your health before starting a new workout, consult your doctor beforehand.