My i7 TWS Earbuds Review – Can’t Afford to buy the apple air pods? Do you think you can find a better and cheaper option that can match the quality of the apple air pods?
Well, I am here to tell you that some great alternatives are comparable to the sound and quality of the apple air pods.
I recently purchased a pair of i7 TWS Earbuds off Amazon.com, and I want to share my experience with regards to going cheap on a pair of wireless earbuds.
This post will cover what to expect with purchasing a pair i7 TWS earbuds in terms of pairing issues, sound quality, and how they compare with other more expensive earbuds like the Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones.
At the end of this post, I hope to prepare you enough to understand that if you want something cheaper, it could come at a cost.
i7 TWS Earbuds Review – Here’s What I Really Think!
i7 TWS Earbuds - Introduction
This is my experience with i7 TWS Wireless Earbuds, and this review is more of a warning to never believe what you read in regards to reviews that seem too good to be true.
Recently, I wanted something that was designed like apple air pods, but more affordable.
So I decided to do some Amazon shopping and came across a pair of air pods that had the same look of apple air pods but much cheaper.
The earbuds I found were the i7 TWS Earbuds.
i7 TWS Earbuds – Fake News
Lately, everybody is screaming about fake news on social media. You don’t know who to trust anymore.
When I found a review for the i7 TWS air pods, it had over a 4-star rating!
The cost was a nice attention grabber as well.
The price was just under $20.00 for a set of air pods that reviews were claiming that the i7 TWS was just as good as the Apple product.
i7 TWS Reviews
I noticed as I was looking at the reviews, close to 90% of the reviews were extremely positive with the occasional 1-star review sandwiched between five good reviews.
I thought to myself that maybe the 1-star reviewers were looking for something that they will never even get if they bought the Apple product.
So I bit the small bullet and ordered them off Amazon.
With my Amazon Prime account, I knew I was going to get the i7 TWS air pods in a couple of days. I can really find out how good they are ASAP.
Reason For Buying The i7 TWS Air Pods
I have been doing a lot of jogging lately, and I needed a new pair to break the boredom of treadmill running.
The reason for the search was my dog actually ate my Bluetooth headset! Who can run without music???
My recent pair of wireless headphones were the Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones.
Sure they were a little pricey, I paid around $150.00 for them, but the sound I got out of those headphones was impressive.
Sure I could have bought another pair of Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones, but I was worried about “Charlie” has a taste for expensive equipment.
That’s when I looked at the shame on his face and thought that we both are not going through this again.
My i7 TWS Earbuds Review: Here’s My Thoughts and Opinions
Now I did choose these earphones because of the following reasons:
- The Cost – They were $19.99 and available on Amazon Prime. (Link no longer available for the ones I purchased.)
- Style – I didn’t want a wire along the back of my neck like the Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones. I wanted something that it seems everybody is using lately.
- Reviews –Like I said the reviews seemed to be off the charts.
My i7 TWS Earbuds Review: What’s Included In/With i7 TWS Earbuds
The product details on the Amazon website was a little misleading.
The i7 TWS wireless headphones seemed to include everything that the Apple product would. Even a charging base that would make charging the wireless earbuds so much easier.
Instead, when I opened the box, I didn’t get a charging base but instead a USB cord with three ends. Two of the ends that plugged into each earpiece and the other end to plug directly into the computer.
So this was a strike one-off the bat.
I plugged the cords into each connection and waited for enough juice in the earpieces to test them out.
- When it came to the i7 two earbuds charging time, I waited for 30 min for the earbuds to charge, which was quicker than I was expecting. But, the not so fun part came next.
i7 Tws Earbuds – How To Pair
My recent Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones pairing was a piece of cake! Turn them on, press a button to pair, and the phone did all the rest.
The instructions that came in the box, were extremely vague and confusing.
Jab this button, then tap this button, carry out the jig, press another button three times, knock on the door three times, and then your headphones will be paired.
Having no clue who essentially made the earbuds, I couldn’t exactly go to a website for help.
What I had to do was YouTube anything so I could figure out this pairing problem. The first video I watched caught me off guard and made me worried.
The first thing mentioned was, “after trying to figure out how to pair these earbuds for 45 min, I finally figured it out.”
i7 Tws Ear Buds Won’t Pair Together
45 min? Really?
So I followed the instructions that I was watching and noticed I didn’t have to do the jig after all.
I thought I had it figured out, but I didn’t. So, I tried another video only this time I just had to watch the movements of the reviewers’ fingers and hoped I was doing it right.
After noticing I kept calling domino’s pizza five times because I kept pressing the wrong button, I got the true wireless earbuds to work!
Finally! After an hour of insanity, I will be able to get outside and do a run that I wanted to do for a while.
The first song that I wanted to test out my headphones was “Money” by Pink Floyd.
To me, that is the true test of quality, next to “Paranoid Android” by Radiohead.
What I heard was not what I expected.
My i7 TWS Earbuds Review: i7 TWS Earbuds Compared With Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones
- Cost – The cost of the i7 TWS was $19.99 vs. 149.00 for the Bose Headset
- Connection – No wires and easy to fit in the ears compared to the Bose Headset
- Pairing – Took me an hour of my time trying to get the i7 TWS earbuds to work compared to the Bose Headset which took me 2 min. Mind you the i7tws earbuds instructions were not included at all to troubleshoot.
- Cheap plastic – The i7 TWS felt like they could break at any time, compared to the Bose Headset which felt like someone put his/her time into making a quality product.
- Sound – I am not super fussy when it comes to sound, and I know you get what you pay for so I was expecting a less than stellar sound quality out of the i7 TWS. The problem is the sound comes out muffled throughout the earbuds, and one side is more dominant than the other. The Bose never had this problem. The sound was clear and balanced.
- Reviews – When I read a review for a cheaper product on the internet, I now will have to take these reviews with a grain of salt. Are they real reviews? Or, are the reviews from the company that made them and pawning them off as real reviewers. When it comes to the Bose product, I believe the reviews I read because Bose is an established company that only makes speakers/headsets. They don’t need to pad the reviews to make the product look good.
I know that I have sounded pretty harsh when it comes to my i7 TWS Earbuds Review.
If I never had the Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones, or if Charlie didn’t eat them I would be happy with the price and sound of the i7 TWS.
But the result is, you do get what you paid for. I was just spoiled with my Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones, that to replace those with something of lesser value was a mistake.
I hope that if you do purchase the i7 TWS, you have fewer troubles than I did pairing the product to your phone.
Plus with this i7 TWS Earbuds review at least you know what you are getting.
Please Note: I don’t work for Bose at all! I just have been a Bose customer for years and have consistently used them as a reference for sound. I know the review seems to slag the i7 TWS product a lot, just type the name in Amazon and you get many companies making the same model number.
The Reason My Dog Is Named Charlie
Update 12/15/2018: I have just noticed on Amazon that the product that is being reviewed is no longer available.Hmmmmmm…….. But, other companies have copied the same design, so buyer beware.
Some of the comments in my post below have had some success with purchasing i7TWS earbuds off Amazon, but I won’t tempt fate again.
If you are looking for great earbuds that offer incredible sound, click the Amazon links below to learn more:
If you liked this post click on the links below for more, or please tweet, pin, and share.
If you ever decide to make a purchase from Amazon, for ANYTHING, even diapers..you can help me without spending a penny to do so.
If you use my links to make your purchase (when you click a link here and it takes you to Amazon, that is using my links as once there you can buy anything and I will get a teeny small credit) you will, in turn, be helping this site to keep on going and keep on growing.